Advantages / Benefits of Organic Food: Benefits of Organic food can range from health benefits to environmental regards. You have seen the benefits of organic farming. Now let us see what the organic foods have to offer to us. The term Organic refers to the way the foods are grown and processed. The way organic farming is done helps to replenish the fertility of soil. The best thing about organic farming is that toxic fertilizers and pesticides are not used. 70% of all the organic foods are organic fruits and vegetables and the remaining 30% of them is organic meat and fairy products.
Health Benefits of Organic Food : Why You Should Eat Only Organic
Even eating small amounts of organic food can cause significant health benefits over time. It doesn’t have to be changing all the foods to organic foods at once. If you can change even a single item at once and trying to buy organic food whenever possible, it can make a big difference. Organic foods contain 50% higher antioxidants and more vitamins and minerals than iron and zinc. Antioxidants fight against the free radicals. Free radicals contribute to cancer. Antioxidants ban fighting against free radicals helps to prevent cancer and also combats heart disease. My clients also mention that they have better sleep, and stronger immune system when they eat organic foods.
Advantages of Organic Food
Some of the good things about the organic foods include:
- Pure and Natural: No artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, additives, preservative
- No processing
- Tastes better with good flavor
- You are not eating herbicides, pesticides and poisons
- They don’t add any filler to make food look like bulk
- They are non GMO
- It is safe to feed to children and babies
- Emotional satisfaction: You are eating food that is not processed, which is healthy, pure and tastes good than the processed food.
- There is no residual antibiotics or growth hormones in milk or organic meat
- Non organic foods are irradiated to kill the bacteria. This inturn alters the live properties of food along with their molecular structure.
- You are indirectly supporting local farmers and their farms along with local economy
- Organic foods have higher vitamins, essential fatty acids, nutrition content and minerals.
- The pesticides in foods grown at conventional farms have been linked to many diseases such as Alzheimers, cancer, birth defects, obesity and many more
Benefits of Organic Food:
We saw about the health benefits of organic food. But we also contribute to the healthy environment by encouraging organic farming. Do you know that organic farms are gentler on the environment. Massive commercial farms erode the soil leading to depletion of nutrients from the ground along with displacing the wildlife. By contributing to organic farms, you are rewarding your future generations with an earth friendly process that benefits all the flora and fauna on this planet earth as well as providing healthy, delicious and nutritious food to all of us.
The future of Organic Foods:
Knowing the advantage of organic foods worldwide, the demand for them has been increasing. Organic food vending machines are also becoming more popular day by day.
Not only organic foods, but also organic body products, clothing and other organic goods have been increasing. You can find organic version of almost anything ranging from organic baby formula to organic skin products to organic bedding.