Drive For Uber / Working for uber: Here is the complete guide for Drive with Uber and how to drive for uber. Read the following steps on Uber sign up and Registration. Uber is a car service which works on demand of the rider. It allows you to request private drivers through apps in your smartphone named as Uber app which is available in iPhone and android. Uber service utilizes a dispatch software and sends the nearest driver to your desired place. This is neither a shared ride nor a cab service, but it is a private taxi-style car. This whole process works through cashless and everything is online. It charges your ride directly to your credit card which is attached to your account. Let us see in detail about driving for Uber.
Drive & Work For Uber | Uber Sign Up, Registration, Application
1) Complete Uber application Online here
2) Get your car inspected either at Uber inspection stations or from a third party
3) Wait for the clearance of background check
4)Now start driving.
Uber Sign Up
1) Signing Up
Check If Uber is operating in your area. Uber operates in majority of cities, but its not available in all cities. Check the cities where uber is operating.
2) See if you are eligible to drive Uber-
Check above for Uber Driver Requirements.
How to Sign Up for Uber
3) Now, visit Uber Driver Sign Up Page- Open web browser and visit get.uber.com/drive to start uber sign up. You can sign up through computer, laptop. You can also use uber app and follow the same process
4) If you already have an Uber rider account then click Already have an account. This will automatically fill out all the necessary information. Next you will be prompted to enter the city where you want to drive in. Different cities will be having different rules.
5) Fill out the form and if you dont have an account then click next. This will create new uber account to you. Dont forget to add your city as there are different driver rules for different cities.
6)Confirm if your vehicle meets your city’s requirements : The first thing you will be prompted is, if your vehicle meets uber requirements for your city or not. If it meets your city’s requirements, then click continue. If it does not meet your requirements, then you cannot use that vehicle with Uber.
Depending on your city, you many have options either to drive for Uber or rent a car. These offers vary depending on the city. If you have any question, then you can contact Uber support.
7) Enter your SSN ( Social Security Number ) to apply for uber– SSN is required to have a background check. You cannot become an Uber driver without having your social security number. A background check is free of cost but may take a week to get processed. There is no credit check involved.
8) Now Upload the required documents for Uber Driver application: After entering your SSN, you will be asked to upload copies of the uber driver required documents. You can take pictures with your camera or smartphone. Now transfer the pictures to your computer for uploading or you can use scanner.
– See that the pictures are clear. Also, see that text on your id and documents are legible.
– You need to upload the following
– Few cities need more additional documents.
Sign Up For Uber
9) Download Uber Driver App on your smartphone- You can have a link to the uber app sent to you. If you dont get the link, you can search for Uber Driver app on your smartphone’s app store.
Uber Phone Requirements
Your iphone must have a running ios7.
You must have any of the iphone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6s or 7
You must have AT & T, Sprint, Verizon or T-Mobile as your phone carrier.
You cannot use a jailbroken iphone for this
You must have a data plan that allows you Uber driver app to use 2gb per month of
You need to have an iphone 4s or more latest version or an Android running 4.0plus. Blackberry and windows phone do not support Uber Driver app.
If you don’t have uber supporting smartphone, then you can rent one from Uber. Follow the link present on the app download screen while you are signing up for the details.
Apply For Uber :
How to Receive Payments from Uber
10) Enter your deposit Information: To receive your Uber payments directly to your account, you can enter your checking account information for direct deposit of payment.
Visit vault.uber.com and log in Uber account.
At the bottom of a check, you can find routing number and banking account number. Enter them.
11) If you are having any problems while signing up online or if you have any queries you wanted to know about uber, then you can visit local Uber Greenlight locations. Cities which have Uber service, will have at least one of these Uber greenlight locations.
Drive with Uber
1) First get your vehicle inspected by Uber : Most of the cities require that your vehicle has to pass annual inspection inorder to use Uber. These are done at free of cost near your local Uber Greenlight location. All Inspections need to be completed by an ASE-Certified mechanic.
2) Check and make sure that you have met all the local requirements – Each city has different uber driver requirements. You may be required to upload additional documents or you need to get additional inspections. In some cities you require special dress code to drive.
Driving For Uber:
3) Depending on your city, your screening process may take anywhere between few days to several weeks. Once your account is active and cleared by all tests to drive, then you will be notified by an sms or email.
4)If you have any problems, contact Uber Greenlight location. Also, if you did not receive authorization to start driving with uber even after few weeks, then you chat with Uber representative at Uber Greenlight location to know the problem and get a solution.
How to Drive For Uber:
Picking Up First Passenger
1) Start Uber Driver App : Once you got clearing to drive for Uber, you can start picking up your customers. Only thing you need is a smartphone and Uber Driver app in it.
2) Review the vehicle – If you have many vehicles registered as Uber Driver, then make sure to select the correct vehicle in the app before going online.
3) Now, tap Go Online button to look for fares. Then you will be taken to map screen and your car is available for hire.
4) Drive to get a trip request – When your car is nearest to a rider, you will get a request to ride for uber. Try to drive near busy areas so that you may get many requests.
5) Tap the trip request to accept the request- You will be given 30 seconds to accept the request before it is given to other uber driver. You will be rated on how quickly you are going to accept requests. So i recommend you to accept the request as soon as you receive.
6) Get to riders location by following the route on uber app. You can use navigate button to get directions turn by turn or simply follow the map on your screen.
7) At the pickup location, wait for your rider- Not all the riders are available as soon as you arrive, Wait for a minute or two before you contact them.
8) If rider is not showing up, then text the rider – From your uber app, tap the rider’s name and select the text option to send a text message to your rider informing him/ her that you arrived and you are waiting for them in a decent manner to get a good rider rating.
Working For Uber:
9) Confirm the rider’s name before they get in your care to make sure that you have picked up the right rider. This is particularly important in busy areas as there are multiple uber drivers operating. Iam stressing this particularly because it is illegal to pick up riders who have not booked a uber ride from you.
10) To Begin the trip, now slide the start trip button. This will switch the app to the destination where the rider desired. Once make sure to confirm the destination with your rider.
Uber Driver Rules:
11) Drive to the Destination – Try to take the quickest and shortest route if you know any or you can tap the navigate button to get turn-by-turn directions as quickers trips get you better rating.
12) When you arrive the destination, slide the complete trip button. This will end the trip and fare will be sent to Uber rider’s app.
13) Rate your Uber rider- Your rider will rate you and you will rate your rider. I would recommend you to give a 5 star rating to your rider unless he troubles you.
Hope you understood how to work for uber and How to sign up for uber. Check here For Uber Driver Requirements , Uber driver sign in and vault.uber.com